Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Life of a Pumpkin and Day 14



From lovely blooms with hearty foliage...




To harvest...




To kitchen butcher block...




To halving...




... and hollowing...

I kept the stems. I'm thinking of decorating a bowl of potpourri with them, or something.  I feel a little nostalgic about them - much the way a mama saves the first lost tooth or first hair clipping.  This is my first grown-at-home pumpkin.  Hehe...  and besides, isn't that one that curls like a pig's tail adorable?




....



....



To roasting... (90 minutes at 350, covered)



To scraping...



....



To pureeing...




To freezer bags in pre-measured portions.

That's 6.5 cups of pureed pumpkin ready for recipes!





Day 13:  Three gifts silent


1.  The house nearing bedtime when the TV gets turned off and the dogs find their resting places.

2.  The dark autumn morning.

3.  The sun rising over the mountain while fog lingers heavy in the valleys.







Happy 31st Anniversary to my honey!






Care to join me in giving thanks?  In the comments name three things you're thankful for today, and if you have a blog... maybe you'd like to link up!

No comments: