Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16: Three Gifts Hard Eucharisteo



What is eucharisteo, anyway?

Here's Ann, because she speaks often of it...



Ah, it's essentially just giving thanks... in Greek.

So, hard eucharisteo must be... being thankful even when it's confounding.

Here are what would be my "I'm thankful for it but wouldn't mind if it were different..."


1.  My job.  For helping to pay the bills, I'm glad I have one.  But it's not what moves me; I'd rather be creating, homesteading and homemaking.  Those 40+ hours a week take up way too much of my time.

2.  Loving being here so much.  I love, LOVE living in a rural, country setting, in a state that utterly celebrates the ushering in of each season.  And, I wouldn't trade living 15 minutes from my grandkids and their parents for ANYTHING in all the world.  But the rest of those I love live far from me, and since I'm a family-girl, that's hard eucharisteo.  I must establish a better routine of visiting and hosting...  or maybe everyone could just move north and fall in love with it, too!  That would be ideal.

3.  Ha. Its ironic.  Right now I resent homemaking.  So, it's hard eucharisteo. I love it and hate it simultaneously because I don't have the proper time to devote to it.




Hmmm... try that one.  Hard eucharisteo is kind of hard to pin point - took some mulling over.




Care to join me in giving thanks?  In the comments name three things you're thankful for today, and if you have a blog... maybe you'd like to link up!




No comments: