Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Favorite Finds and Day 3



First... Day 3:  3 gifts that begin with N.  (Really, Ann?  N?)


1.  The Name of Jesus and to Whom I belong.

2.  That there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.

3.  A November birthday when Sweet Aria turns 1.



Poppy Smith:  Nine Keys to Thriving Through the Holidays... "God wants to bless you with life-strengthening joy, peace that provides quiet confidence, and endless hope, assurance and comfort. These, and many other powerful attitudes and faith responses are part of His desire for you as recorded in Scripture. But God doesn’t wave a magic wand. For this to happen, you have a part to play."


Yankee Foliage"It’s hard to believe that we’re again ending foliage season in New England with yet another historic storm. Last year, we experienced both Irene and ‘Snowtober,’ and this year, a we endured a not so welcome visit from Sandy, a hybrid Nor’easter / Hurricane Superstorm."


Shaun Groves"I saw how much of the world lives and came home thankful for my daily bread – every crumb falling from God’s hand. God filled me with gratitude and pried my fingers from everything that wasn’t daily bread. And on my best day now I hold my time and money and plans loosely and come to God ready to hear, free to obey."


For the Home ~
Homestead Revival:   Inspiration - Pantry Screen Door.   I don't have a walk-in pantry... or any pantry for that matter.  In our tiny kitchen, we keep our pantry items in a Lazy Susan under the counter.  And they often seem to spill up onto the counter.  Oh, how I would love to have a pantry (for my country home). And if I did, I would consider a screen door for it.

Preparedness ~
The Way Grandmama Does It:   Learning from Sandy.  "Although I feel very prepared for disasters there are a few things that I see that my family needs to focus on in the coming months..."





Care to join me in giving thanks?  In the comments name three things you're thankful for today, and if you have a blog... maybe you'd like to link up!

No comments: