Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Good News and Day 7

(and I'm not talking about the election results!)


First,
Counting the gifts right outside my window...



I'm always enamored and grateful for the myriad visitors at the feeders outside both of my kitchen windows; Black-capped Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatches, Blue Jays, Tufted Titmouses, Cardinals, chipmunks and squirrels.  I love to watch them.



I appreciate the forest on the mountain right beside us, right out the living room window, and watching the abundant wild life foraging out there.  This was obviously taken in summertime.  With highs in the 30s, we're not throwing open those windows anymore.



I LOVE the view of Mt. Ascutney out the dining room doors (as well as from the living room windows).



But today I'm going to focus on the office windows since I spend an awful lot of time there.  Those are the ones I'm going to count.



1.  The pretty little mini rose plant that sits on my desk, so close to the window you can see bokeh of the foliage outside.



2.  I can enjoy the sunset (at 4:30, these days...thanks to daylight savings!) from my desk that butts right up against the window.




3.  And from the outside, you can see the windows are large... floor to ceiling.  Even though my office is little, I feel like I'm virtually sitting outside because two of my four walls are windows!  That's a true blessing for the one who has to work full time, but would rather be outdoors than indoors almost always!

See me in the lower, mirrored portion?  It's actually all mirrored, but you can see inside once the sun starts setting.  Yesterday, a curious 10-week old black lab puppy was being walked by his owner (another tenant in the building) and paused there for a long while when he spotted his reflection. It was adorable.  He has a doting, patient owner.  I smiled big... but he couldn't see me. 

There's that mini rose plant!  And my birthday balloon from two of our students, after 6 weeks, is still floating. And those two [crooked... always because they're on the wall with the door] watercolors were painted by my mother's cousin in Finland, Else Maj.  I have visited that place - they're paintings of the location of her summer home and studio; on the Gulf of Finland.  One of the most beautiful places I have ever seen... one of my most favorite places I have ever been.  It was ethereal.  It delights me to have those two paintings.  Oh, and that big white board; the whole lower half is filled with Kingston's artwork!  It's been there for months.  One of grandma's treasures.  ;-)



Now, for that good news.  Hubby got a BIG promotion yesterday.  He now has a big office, along with big responsibilities (over-seeing three departments and 50ish employees).  I'm so proud of him.  And I'm happy that they can spot a good thing ...hard work and loyalty... when they see it.



Care to join me in giving thanks?  In the comments name three things you're thankful for today, and if you have a blog... maybe you'd like to link up!

No comments: