Saturday, October 13, 2012

My Favorite Finds





Beth Moore:   "The beauty in the threadbare. The beauty in the unswept scenes that refuse to finish everything out for you. Or think for you. They leave the spiderwebs to walk into and the realistic fear of a snake slithering by. They leave you to have to kick the dried-up mud off your boots when you get home and to run the water hose over your slobbering dog."

Ann Voskamp:  On facing fears... "Dad accelerates and the Gold Wing purrs. The wind whips, alive, through my hair. The land rises to meet me; I sink down into her. We are merging with the topography, the crest and hollow of land. Our shadow tows close, rising and falling across the golden stubble."

And as she wrote of merging with the topography, the crest and hollow of land, it reminded me of this video (below) my brother shared with me.  It's of a 4-year old little boy mountain biking with his dad near where they live in Maine.  He is pleased with his accomplishments (which are impressive at 4 years old!) and his commentary is precious...







In the Kitchen:
Redfly Creations "The Amazing Amish Cinnamon Bread Alternative"   This recipe sounds delicious... I can't wait to try it!


In the Garden:
Homestead Revival:  Propagating Herbs ~ "I do believe the presence of herbs indoors makes winter a bit more bearable!"





Have a lovely weekend, whatever you find to do!


No comments: