Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve


What a beautiful day today has been. 

I dashed out to run a couple of quick errands.  The sun is shining, the sky is crystal blue, and the ground has a light dusting of snow from yesterday's brief snowfall.

It's a lovely Christmas Eve.

I wrapped some gifts and Joe and I will have dinner, just the two of us; alfredo with sauted mushrooms.  Nothing too fancy, but so yummy.

At 6:00, we'll meet the kids at church for a candlelight service.  Then they'll go their way and we'll go ours, each to make final preparations for tomorrow.



I have to finish wrapping and make some cookies... just chocolate chip.  They're our favorite no matter what time of year it is.  I tried to get red and green M&Ms to make them a little more festive, but they were out.  So... we'll have just plain ol' chocolate chip.

I didn't quite get Kingston's afghan done... not for lack of time, but for lack of yarn. {arghhh}  I had 20 inches to go to complete the final cream section when I ran out, then would have only 9 rows to go to complete it entirely.

Hmpf.  I'll wrap it anyway and tuck it under the tree, then bring it home to finish it.  He won't notice, right?


Here's Casting Crowns rendition of Silent Night.  It's appropriate for Christmas Eve...



Silent Night, Holy Night
All is calm, all is bright
'Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent Night, Holy Night
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing alleluia!
Christ, the Savior is born
Christ, the Savior is born

With the angels, let us sing
Hallelujah to the King
Christ the Savior is born
Christ the Savior is born




But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. 
I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; 
he is the Messiah, the Lord. 
~Luke 2:10, 11

No comments: