What you'll need:
Pinecones (open) - we collected ours when we went for our nature hike. That was fun.
Peanut Butter - I use natural peanut butter so as to keep the birds healthy, too. They don't need high fructose corn syrup or added sugar, either!
- Combine 1 part peanut butter and 1 part cornmeal and blend well.
- Pour your bird seed into a shallow dish.
- Tie string to the bottom end of your pinecone, then smear the peanut butter/cornmeal on it being sure to get it in the open grooves.
- Roll the peanut butter-pinecone around in the dish of bird seed, pressing gently to make sure it sticks.
- When the pinecone is well covered in seed, tie it to a tree branch, then wait.
- Once the birds discover it, you'll have a flurry of activity!
While you're waiting for the birds to discover their new treat, it might be fun to play outside with your wagons! :-)
Look at the luscious hair on that kid! Reminds me of the "beach hair" look women strive so hard to get. Yeah... he gets it naturally.
They have fun playing together!
Aria's turn to pull her brother.
And... done with that.
See how much the birds loved it??? This is just one week later. Time for a re-do!
Happy October, friends!
Linked on the HomeAcre Hop