Saturday, March 1, 2014

Welcome March!




Oh, March... I'm so happy to see you.
Sorry, February... I'm not disappointed to see you go.  You were brutal this year.

In the morning sun, today, the birds sang exuberantly - as if they, too, know that March holds a promise of something delightful; Spring!

It's as if all of creation is waiting for the earth to wake back up... or at least the portions of it that have experienced a frightful Winter, like we have.  The deer are making their presence known, again, as are the little critters like squirrels and chipmunks.  I've even seen lots of robins.  One was sitting defiantly on a snowbank as if to say enough is enough, vortex-schmortex... I'm not budging!

Mind you, we're still seeing temperatures in the negatives.  After all, this is the month that Winter and Spring battle for the upper hand.  We'll still see plenty of cold and snow, but at least Spring is on the horizon.

That makes me happy.

No comments: