Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Favorite Finds - 5/11/13







For Your Soul ~

The High Calling"I know St. Paul proclaimed 'O death, where is thy sting?' but there are many days when I feel uncle Pauley was a complete nutter. Just admit it, apostle formerly known as Saul – death stings, hurts, reaches up under your breastbone and yanks your heart chain a good one. Such a confession doesn’t mean you’ve gone soft on Easter or gotten muddled in your head concerning those who’ve fallen asleep. As best I can tell it means you’re still here but someone you love is gone, not gone like they went to Aspen for the weekend, but gone as in they’re walking the ghost road gone. Dead’n’gone."


For Your Body ~

Heather Mommypotomus:  Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter... it's slightly bronzing.  I needed this last week at work when I wore my first dress of the sunny season, exposing my winter-white legs.  I'm going to try this!



For Your Appetite ~

The Prairie Homestead:  No-cook Strawberry Freezer Jam.  Mmmm.  This recipe calls for raw honey instead of gobs of white sugar... must try!



For Mother's Day ~

Ann Voskamp:  "Someone who’d bow her head at night over the girl sleeping with the doll in the crook of her arm — and give thanks to her Father for this hidden life that’s turning a gear for the whole spinning world.
So God made a mother."




1 comment:

Mom said...

Well more good and interesting "stuff" to read! I've always liked the David Crowder Band! So....let me know how the home made bronzer works!! xo