Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Favorite Finds


My darling (aging) Dexter enjoying the warmth of a sunbeam.






For Your Soul ~

Karen Ehman"Running to God first when I feel overwhelmed has not always been my habit. But making myself learn to do it has made all the difference."

The Wellspring"I sit on the steps in the dim and whisper your Name and a gentle wind lifts birdsong into the air around me. A robin hops through the grass and I wonder at his courage."



For Your Garden ~

How to Grow Asparagus"If you love asparagus and want to grow some yourself, waste no time in getting started. Even with the best of care, an asparagus bed won't hit its stride for several years. But once that happens, the bed will produce an abundant crop of spears spring after spring for at least the next 20 to 30 years."

Thy Hand Hath Provided:  Where she talks about her garden plan.  It is enviable...  we're not supposed to do that (envy), are we?  {sigh}  "We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden." ~Author Unknown  "The LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." Gen 2:15 NIV

 

For Your Health ~

The Prairie Homestead:  If you don't click on another link, click on this one and go read about the Healthy Life Summit coming soon... "I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the “health” info out there…I mean, it’s hard to know which is which sometimes… And what sources do you trust? Or better yet… Where do you even go to find good info?
The Healthy Life Summit is a 7-day online conference that is streaming for FREE from March 24-30, 2013."

Then... get signed up for the Healthy Life Summit!


Wellness Mama:  How to Make Water Kefir... "I started making this as part of my mission to get more probiotics in our diet and it has worked like a charm! The kids love it and ask for it each morning."



Good to Know ~

FoodNetwork Blog:  8 foods you shouldn't keep in the refridgerator...  Interesting. I nailed about 7 of them.  I have a habit of putting my tomatoes in the fridge. 




I stumbled upon a hummingbird live web cam. Check it out!



It's California time - so consider that when you check in (if it's still dark in the morning for us EST folks).




Here's a YouTube video from a few days ago.  One of the hummingbird mama's egg didn't hatch, and coincidentally, a hummingbird chick about the same age was orphaned.  This is of the chick being added to the nest.  Mama took to him no problem. {Yay}  So, the live cam above is of these two chicks, now days older.  You'll see the little orphan is thriving.




No comments: