Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Favorite Finds






Whatever is Pure~
Homemade body lotion:  I made two batches of body/face lotion yesterday.  The first (with only 3 ingredients) was from coconut oil, beeswax, and herbal tea.  The second was with olive oil, water, beeswax, and a couple drops of almond extract.  Both came out good and made my after-shower skin feel soft and hydrated.  I'll blog about it in more detail later.



In the Spirit of Giving~
Simple Mom"In Ethiopia, thousands of girls in poverty are growing up without good role models. As these girls grow up and have babies, they lack the basic skills and knowledge needed to raise a healthy baby.  Poverty is holding mothers back from the resources they need to be the parents they long to be.  This is where Compassion’s CSP steps in. They’re coming alongside mothers to help them deliver and raise healthy babies."



For the Homesteaders~
The Prairie Homestead:  Oh, man... to a wannabe homesteader, this is the best kind of Christmas catalogue!  Mercy... when can I quit my day job?!



Ann Voskamp: "And the good things in life are not so much health but holiness, not so much the riches of this world but relationship with God, not so much our plans but His presence — and He withholds no good thing from us because the greatest things aren’t ever things."  Settle in and read this one through, and be uplifted.



Love this... that it was a hymn referenced numerous times in Ann's post above, is pure coincidence.  I had the video linked here for days as I readied the post to publish, but read from Ann just last night.  Enjoy.



(Personally, I wish the Mormon commercial at the end weren't there.  I loved the "Christmas version" till then - but as one who embraces the doctrine of the trinity, that's not my endorsement, nor what I subscribe to.)


No comments: