Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Favorite Finds




With the Christmas festivities this week, I didn't do much perusing of the internet (and most of my regular blog-stops were just Merry Christmas wishes this week, anyway).


I found these interesting things, though...



For Your Health ~
Heather Dessinger of Mommypotamus on How to Whiten Your Teeth Without Dangerous Chemicals... I'm going to try this one!

And more about teeth from Heather... This one looks awesome!


Kelly the Kitchen Kop uses bone broth to detox after holiday eating... She shares how to make it delicious AND nutritious.  I hear bone broth is really good for you.  Good to know... I've been making it for years-just cuz I like it!



I made some carrot soup yesterday from the carrots I grew this summer and a chicken-bone broth I made a few weeks ago and froze.  Here's the recipe (I got it from Joe's Aunt Bobbie a really long time ago):




Carrot Soup

A few tablespoons of butter
1 onion
A few celery stalks, tops and all
About 2 pounds of carrots (I just had a big bowlful of my homegrown miniatures)
32 oz chicken broth
     (I used 2 of the pint jars of bone-broth I have in the freezer)
1 bayleaf
Juice from half an orange 
A tablespoon of lemon juice
A few shakes of sea salt (her recipe didn't call for salt-but she used a packaged broth, so I'm sure it had plenty)

Saute the onions and celery till transluscent. Toss in the carrots and mix it all up.  Add remaining ingredients and stir.  Simmer till everything is soft enough to puree (hour or so).



Yummy and healthy!  I'll have it with whole grain bread or croutons.


 
I {heart} this carrot soup!
  



 
 


No comments: