Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Grandchildren

I count myself as blessed just to utter those words.

I know I was made for this.  The joy they bring to me is deep and satisfying. 

I'm sitting in the quiet of the evening; the kids having gone home a couple of hours ago, and Joe gone to sleep off the turkey and stuffing.  I'm listening to Hymns 4 Worship on Pandora while crocheting Kingston's afghan; love and prayers woven into each stitch as they were for Aria's, and I'm pondering what a rich woman I am.

Just look.




I'll have a few more video snippets from the day, maybe tomorrow.  I just wanted to share this one now.

Kingston so apparently loves his little sister.

Today was awesome.  Kristiina and I, together, with much laughter and animated camaraderie, prepared a delicious meal; afterward, Joe and Nic took care of the dishes.  All of us enjoyed happy conversation; relaxing moments with football; wishful Christmas-list moments with Black Friday ads; playful moments with Kingston; swooning moments with Aria; and love abundant.

Love, it's powerful and wonderful. A gift.

I'm so very thankful.


A garden of love grows in a grandmother's heart.
~Unknown




To be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love
and to work and to play and to look up at the stars...
to think... often of your friends,
and every day of Christ...
these are little guideposts on the footpath of peace.
~Henry van Dyke



No comments: