Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 22: Three Gifts Grateful



Day 22:  Three Gifts Grateful



 
"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever."  ~ 1 Chronicles 16:34

1.  I'm grateful for God's everlasting love.


 
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - " ~ Ephesians 2:8

2.  I'm grateful for God's amazing, sustaining grace and the gift of salvation.


 
"Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago." ~ Isaiah 25:1

3.  I'm grateful for God's perfect faithfulness and the wonderful things He's done.




"Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son"
~ Don Moen



Nic, Kristiina and the kids are coming over. We're providing the turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash (home-grown!), homemade french bread, and pumpkin pie (home-grown, too!).  They're bringing the stuffing, homemade cranberry jelly (as opposed to the canned stuff I have in the fridge), and a green salad with toasted almonds and pomegranate that I can't wait to try.

They're going to come nice and early so we have plenty of time to enjoy each other's company and so Kristiina can help with the cooking, particularly since I've been a bit under the weather the last couple of days.  It's that time of year for sore throats and sniffles.


May you find yourself relishing the company of loved ones today, amidst hearty laughter and warm embraces.  If that's not on your agenda this day, then may you find peace and rest; time to reflect, with a grateful heart.
 
 
I hope you're feeling blessed today!




Care to join me in giving thanks?  In the comments name three things you're thankful for today, and if you have a blog... maybe you'd like to link up!

No comments: