Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Favorite Finds






I sure do wish those leaves in the foreground were tack sharp... but whatcha gonna do?  I needed to use a tripod and didn't have one.  Hmpf.  Enjoy the colors, anyway!


Roo Mag:   8 Strategies for Strengthening Mind, Body, Soul & Spirit

Miz Boo~Quiet Life:  She describes it (autumn) perfectly... and her photos, as always, stunning!

The Wellspring:  "It is possible that God says every morning, "Do it again" to the sun; and every evening, "Do it again" to the moon. It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never got tired of making them. GK Chesterton"



For the Home:

Redfly Creations:   Here's a DIY project for building inexpensive "built-in" (but not really) bookshelves.

Elementary Organizations:   A simple grease stain solution.




Inspiring Ann: A video taken at the farm when World Magazine paid a visit and Ann chatted with Warren Smith.





And since Ann mentioned it, here's a script of Elizabeth Elliot, another incredibly inspiring woman, speaking about her 'Do the Next Thing' mantra on the radio show, Back to the Bible.



I'm headed to Barre, VT today for a Fresh Grounded Faith conference with Jennifer Rothschild where I'll be volunteering at the Compassion Table.  I'm utterly thrilled to be serving, but I wouldn't mind if the door got left open so I could hear some snippets of the event.  {grin}  I heard Jennifer speak at a Women of Faith conference once and she has a powerful testimony.

Have a fun and rejuvenating weekend!




No comments: