Thursday, October 27, 2011

Someone's Cranky



"Someone" is me.

I got plenty of rest last night, but when Sara slipped past me and wouldn't come when I called her... it all went down hill.

She does this adorable waggly bottom, shimmy-y top, happy dance that makes her look like a bouncy accordion.  She looks really cute doing it, which is fortunate for her, but I was still unhappy with her.  I finally had to just pick her up, all 60-something pounds of her, and put her where I wanted her - back in the bedroom. Stinker.

So, I get the ones whose turn it really is to go out all situated, and discover that the snow we were supposed to get, the first of the season, is really just freezing cold rain.  And, by the way, it's 6:30 am and it's dark out.

The umbrella that is in the same place every day, rain or shine, is not there. It's not on the inside of the door, it's not on the outside of the door, it's not in the closet.  So, out we go in the rain.

Having hit the snooze button 3 times instead of 2, there is not enough time in the schedule this morning to straight-iron these soggy, soon-to-be frizzy, locks of mine.

And that's how it happened... it's how I went from happy to grumpy; sweet to sour; pleasant to disagreeable in 10 minutes flat.




(Not my photo - It was taken by  Matt Kloskowski. It is Vermont, though.)



Lord, please forgive my impatience and gracelessness.  
Help me not to express on the outside what I'm feeling on the inside.  
May I overcome and be the fragrance of Christ this morning.



For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ
among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
2 Corinthians 2:15 


1 comment:

Mom said...

Hey Miss "cranky"!!

I was really disappointed not to see a pix of your curly frizzy locks. I honestly thought that would be the photo of the day!! Ha Wishing you a better day tomorrow!