Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Favorite Finds

Following is a compilation of a few my favorite reads from the past week.


Consider grabbing your favorite beverage and carving out a bit of quiet time to sit and read for a while.  These are some goodies.  Or, at the very least, bookmark the ones you think will resonate and come back when you can.


Seth Haines: "Modern preacher, don’t talk to me about victorious living. I’m done with that pipe-dream. Speak of contentment in plenty and want, pain and suffering. Preach Christ-esteem, conformity, sanctification. Show me mercy, grace in action. Bring me a cup of cold water. Share your journal with me. Send me an encouraging email."

Joy, Grace Full Mama: "Sure I am willing to sacrifice, to serve my family, to go mostly without recognition. But, there is that little part that wants to be known, to be recognized, to be called by my name.
She smiles and I see Jesus all over her. His is the name that she is known by….it is her identity. He sees her. And it is enough."

Traci Michele: "I must confess that I forget to pray for my husband (more often than not). Oh yes, I think about him, text him throughout the day, and anticipate his return in the evening... but pray? I forget.
What does praying for your husband do for you {the wife}?"


Lore Ferguson: "I think to myself: Thank you Father, that you do not always save the best things for the best behaved, thank you that sometimes you choose us on the merit of the miracle alone."

Priscilla Shirer: "What if God has chosen to give you and I a certain measure of obscurity in our circumstances because it is the best gymansium in which our faith can be strengthened. According to Paul, knowing it all is not always best for you. . .or for me."

Lisa-Jo Baker: "But you? You have your own spot in the Kingdom garden. You have your own soil waiting for seeds and seasons and harvest."

A Pinterest Find-Photography: "One of the things that makes photography frustrating, is softness and blur in pictures. Sharp photos are much more appealing than soft images. It is very disappointing when you take a picture at a special moment and images come out soft/blurry or out of focus. In this article, I will go through the techniques that I use to make sure that my images always come out tack sharp."




Enjoy your weekend.  We're headed to orchard.  This week... apples!





No comments: