I spend 40 hours of my week as the Program Coordinator of a Physician Assistant program, but the spark in me is ignited by family-time, being outdoors, and the creative interests in which I dabble.
I like to snap pictures, just to chronicle our life; the mundane and adventurous. I’m a small-time vegetable gardener… I find it rewarding and strive to expand the garden with each new season. Right now, our "farm" just consists of eight dogs (the rascally, rescued eight) and one brave cat. But, eventually, I'd like to acquire farm animals (next up - chickens) and be a full-time, sustainable homesteader.
I like to live naturally (avoiding toxins wherever possible) and cook with real food - from pastured animals and organic gardens, and prepare it traditionally... like grandma used to do it! And, finally, it's a dream of mine to someday write my grandmother's story. Hers is a testimony of God's grace and provision that should be shared.
A get-to-know-me page is a rather difficult one to draft, but how about this for starters:
- I really look forward to that first cup of coffee in the morning.
- I’d rather have salty foods than sweet ones.
- I'd rather go hiking than go shopping.
- I'd rather go to the orchard than go to the produce department.
- I'd rather have lunch on a blanket in the grass than in a chair at a restaurant.
- I prefer the practical over the luxurious.
- I love color; in photographs, in art, in clothing.
- I love when the sun creates dappled light through the trees, and the time of day that brings long shadows, whether morning or evening.
- I'm an optimist and an encourager, quick with a smile.
- I love people and animals ...a nurturer... and that's how we found ourselves with eight dogs somewhere in the period after the empty nest and before we had grandkids. Our rascally, rescued eight.
- I like to lose myself in God's word.
- I try to keep an open hand in submission to His will, whether He gives or takes away.
- I desire to lean into Him, seeking to become the person He intended when He knit me together.
I'm glad you stopped by and hope you are glad you did, too. Perhaps you encountered enough grace and authenticity here to want to visit again...
Blessings to you.